Asahi Intecc develops, produces and sells various medical devices necessary for catheter treatment.
The following are some of the company’s major medical devices.
- PTCA guide wires
- PTCA guide wires are the guides necessary to carry PTCA balloon catheters and stents that pass through blood vessels that have become clogged or narrowed for catheter treatment.
- Penetration catheters
- Penetration catheters are catheters that assist the passage of PTCA guide wires when PTCA guide wires need to pass though clogged blood vessels.
- PTCA guiding catheters
- PTCA guiding catheters are tubes that are placed in the area from the puncture site to the coronary artery. It plays an important role of safely carrying PTCA guide wires, PTCA balloon catheters and other medical devices to the entrance of the coronary artery.
- Micro catheters
- Micro catheters are catheters inserted into blood vessels in the head or abdominal regions to inject contrast agents and pharmaceuticals for inspection and treatment.
- PTCA balloon catheters
- PTCA balloon catheters are catheters for spreading open blood vessels that have become clogged or narrowed. They are inserted along PTCA guide wires and have the function of opening blood vessels from the inside by inflating the balloon on the tip with a diameter of 1mm to 5mm.
- Guide wires for cerebrovascular vessels
- These guide wires are necessary to carry micro catheters and other various medical devices to affected areas for treatment inside cerebrovascular vessels such as for cerebral aneurysm.